Beacon Mutual Insurance
Beacon Mutual is currently redesigning its data warehouse and migrating from Cognos Series 7 to Cognos 8.4 BI tools. This initiative includes data integration and the development of dashboards, scorecards and other types of reports. Beacon is recruiting a Senior Data Warehouse/BI Developer with hands on experience with Cognos 8.4 and Data Manager to join our IS team that includes an additional BI developer and a business analyst.
The Senior Data Warehouse/BI Developer is a technical lead position, responsible for assessing requirements, defining strategy, technical architecture, development, delivery and support of Cognos 8 reporting, data integration and data warehouse projects for the enterprise. Candidate will be responsible for creating maintainable BI and DI solutions by conducting cost/benefit analysis for alternative technical approaches; assessing technical risk and incorporating flexibility in anticipation of future business needs. Candidate will participate in all aspects of the project lifecycle, serving as the subject matter expert on Business Intelligence and Data Warehousing and will mentor and train less experienced developers.
The ideal candidate will be a self starter with a strong work ethic and work experience that includes all aspects of the above duties.
- Bachelor's degree in a computer or technical discipline.
- 7 plus years of development/analysis experience with Cognos BI and data warehouse technologies including Data Manager ETL, dashboard, Cognos 8.4 Framework Manger and report and cube development tools, Cognos Connection, Event Studio and Metric Studio (desired).
- Oracle 10g database experience with strong SQL and PL/SQL skills.
- Data/dimensional modeling and technical design and documentation.
- Strong analytic, problem solving and collaborative skills.
- Ability to envision and design solutions that will ensure technical architecture is consistent and compatible with Company's technology direction.
- Strong written/oral communication skills.
- Insurance or Financial Services application development a plus.
At Beacon Mutual Insurance, an essential focus of our company is to remain "the workers' compensation insurer of choice" in Rhode Island. Known for our outstanding service, we have built our reputation on improving the well being of RI's employees in the workplace. To achieve this distinction we invest in the development and welfare of our employees, who are the foundation of our success. We provide a healthy work life balance, excellent benefits, challenging assignments and projects, and the opportunity to make a difference.
For more information about Beacon Mutual Insurance, and to apply for this position on line, please visit us at www.beaconmutual.com.
Beacon is an EEO/AA Employer.