Saturday, November 15, 2008
Thursday, October 30, 2008
Beyond Innovation, Inc is currently looking for a immediately to fulfill our job opening on a project at client side.
We prefer a candidate who has worked in healthcare as research and evaluation, medical economics, statistical analysts, etc.
Experience with Java Coding/ Programming
Expertise with Cognos Development (Cognos SDK is desired)
Expertise in doing API (Application Programming Interface) is preferred as well
Also good business analyst and/or programming expertise is necessary
If you feel you would be qualified pls. do forward your resume, availability and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org
Here is a little about Beyond Innovation, Inc.
Beyond Innovation, Inc. is an established growing Project Management, Product Development and Consulting company. It is engaged nationally (www.bi-usa.biz) and internationally (Asia and Canada, www.bi-canada.com) in providing professional services including project management, Turn key projects and consulting services in system design, software development, managing IT infrastructure, Storage Area Network (SAN), security, process re-engineering, Financial Data Analysis and Sarbanes Oxley (SOX). We provide expert services nationwide to private, public, nonprofit and start up organizations in the United States, Asia and in the Canada. We serve Healthcare, Telecom, Security and Financial Organizations.
Beyond Innovation, Inc
6269 Southfront Road, Livermore, CA 94551
Toll Free: 1.866.369.3009 x 105
Thursday, October 16, 2008
Friday, October 10, 2008
The profile is:
Project Leader – Business Intelligence
A degree in Computer Science or related fields
A minimum of 3 years of work experience with BI tools: Cognos 8 Suite, Enterprise Planning, EBI, Crystal Reports, Business Objects and/or ETL tools such as Discoverer, Oracle Warehouse Builder, Informatica, OLAP methodology.
Project planning and designing experience required
Excellent communication and analytical skills.
Translate business requirements into technical requirements
Set up and design project architecture
Implement BI projects and oversee project delivery from end to end.
Application Testing and Documentation
Build pre-sales models and present to customers
Prepare and provide training to consultants and users
Manager - Human Capital Development
Currimjee Informatics Limited
Office : + 230 670 9500
Fax : + 230 670 7117
Website : http://www.currimjeeinformatics.com
Wednesday, September 17, 2008
Gaymar Industries, Inc. a prominent & growing medical device mfg. company with its headquarters located in Buffalo, NY. seeking candidates to design, implement and support data warehouse applications; 2-3 years experience in Cognos BI tool suite v8 (Framework manager, Report and Analysis Studio). Work with user community to define/develop business requirements. Ability to do metadata modeling using Framework manager is required. Background in Data Warehouse development with strong SQL skills.
Bachelor’s degree required. We offer a friendly work environment in park like setting. On site fitness center. Competitive salary with excellent benefits; bonus opportunity. Successful candidates must pass a drug screen and physical. Resume w/salary requirements to: Gaymar, 10 Centre Drive, OP, NY 14127, Fax: (716) 662-8785, email@example.com EOE
Susan K. Sittniewski
(716) 662-8785 Fax
Wednesday, August 27, 2008
Role: Cognos Enterprise Planning Model Developer
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Company: Las Vegas Sands Corporation
The Model Developer/Admin for Enterprise Planning will be responsible for the build and maintenance of financial models in the Cognos Enterprise Planning (EP) applications. All duties are to be performed in accordance with departmental and The Venetian Casino Resort’s policies, practices, and procedures.
Minimum Employment Requirements: 21 years of age, proof of authorization/eligibility to work in the United States, High School Diploma or equivalent, ability to communicate effectively in a positive/upbeat fashion utilizing English; both in oral and written form, interpersonal skills with focused attention to guest needs to deal effectively with all business contacts, maintain a professional, neat and well-groomed appearance adhering to VCR appearance standards, maintain consistent adherence to the VCR Unmatched Guest Service Standards, work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
Specific Position Requirements: We seek a candidate with excellent system administration knowledge and skill to maintain the Cognos 8 Enterprise Planning platform at LVS. This individual must have extensive Cognos 8 EP platform experience and will be the primary contact with system owners on Cognos EP related activities and support. The position requires a sound working knowledge of the software platform and the ability to successfully liaise with a variety of user stakeholders to achieve multiple business objectives. The successful candidate will demonstrate a strong character, established through a strong work ethic, and the ability to take ownership and be held accountable for project outcomes and system maintenance and development. Additionally, this person must be a strong team player committed to excellence, with a customer service focused attitude. A demonstrated ability to be detail-oriented self-motivated, and a quick learner is required. A degree in Information Systems and suitable previous work experience required.
Work in a fast-paced, busy, and somewhat stressful environment. Maintain physical stamina and proper mental attitude while dealing effectively with guests, management, team members, and outside contacts while working under pressure and meeting deadlines. Must be able to frequently move freely about the office, maintain manual dexterity to access computer via computer keyboard and operate office equipment, such as telephones, copiers, fax machine, etc., withstand various activities such as frequent walking, sitting for long periods and withstand prolonged standing, stretching, bending and kneeling without restriction. Be able to work indoors and be exposed to various environmental factors such as, but not limited to CRT fatigue, noise, dust, cigarette smoke, and be able to access all areas of the property.
Please send qualifying resumes to Vinod Skariya:
The Venetian Resort~Hotel~Casino
3355 Las Vegas Boulevard South
Las Vegas, Nevada 89109
The Venetian is the world's largest five-diamond resort.
Tuesday, August 19, 2008
- Responsible for the installation, configuration and day-to-day tasks associated with ensuring the smooth and efficient operation of Cognos environment.
- Knowledge of Cognos 8 BI and Cognos Connection portal required.
- Knowledge of Web application server architectures and security systems administration.
- Should be generally self-sufficient and able to perform most of the tasks involved in the role with limited assistance from peers, product documentation and vendor support services.
- Good troubleshooting and problem determination skills
- Perform product installation and configuration.
- Automate and standardize the product installation and configuration process.
- Understanding of Cognos BI security model.
- Identify best practices for configuring applications and work with the development teams to implement the standards.
- Exposure to WAS 6.1 a must.
- Exposure to Unix a must. Should be able to handle day to day tasks on Unix servers.
- Should be able to write scripts for automating day to day tasks.
- Good troubleshooting and problem determination skills
- Exposure to BMC Patrol a plus.
- Exposure to LDAP a plus.
- Exposure to other BI tools a plus.
- Should be able to write scripts for automating day to day tasks.
- Responsible for gathering the data for performance tuning.
- Communicate and collaborate effectively with staff of varying technical expertise
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience supporting 24x7 environments.
Friday, August 1, 2008
Amsyscareers Macintosh and Cross-Platform Recruitment Specialists
Finance Systems Analyst and Programmer
Technical Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum 6 years experience using Cognos, within an Enterprise Data Warehouse or Reporting environment.
- Knowledge and experience implementing Business Intelligence infrastructures/architectures, OLAP and Enterprise Reporting.
- Solid understanding of Data Warehousing, relational and OLAP data modeling.
- Ability to translate business needs into data models and reporting solutions.
- Experience writing SQL statements and analyzing query performance.
- Familiarity with UNIX Shell scripting, Oracle development toolset and the Oracle Apps database schema an advantage.
- Knowledge of ASG-Zena job scheduler or similar job scheduling or application automation system would also be beneficial.
- Strong background in systems/business analysis for the purpose of gathering and implementing reporting requirements.
- Ability to develop and follow standards for procedures and documentation within the development cycle.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, together with proven experience in a customer service environment.
- Educated to degree level or evidence of strong academic achievement in a related field.
Our client is an established specialist insurance, investments and reinvestments corporation based in Central London. The corporation is made up of three entities all taking control of different aspects of finance in their specialist field. They have the backing of powerful and well-known blue chip financial institutions and the same can be said with their strategic partners and associates. Even though the company is young, compact and fresh, they are producers of high standards in all the work that they do. Altogether the corporation wish to provide an unrivalled level of service and offer high quality at all times.
The leading new entrant to the pension buyout market is looking for a talented and motivated Business Intelligence Analyst/Programmer to join its team and play a leading role in the growth of the business.
Reporting to the Chief Information Officer, you will work with the business users to clarify ETL requirements and business rules for data interfaces with our partner organizations as well as designing and delivering ongoing MI reporting requirements.
The Technical environment is based on Oracle 11.5 Data Warehouse and Cognos 8 BI /ETL.
- Work with the business community to understand strategic business goals and develop solutions to help achieve them.
- Design, develop, deploy, and administer business intelligence solutions.
- Work within a project discipline which includes work plan creation, management and execution, meeting deadlines and status reporting.
- Employ best practice in all phases of development which includes ETL (Cognos Data Manager), SQL Work, cube development and report writing utilizing Cognos Report Studio and Analysis Studio tools.
- Design, develop and implement ETL processes and work with other IT colleagues and third party solution providers to validate, troubleshoot, optimize, and fine-tune the ETL environment.
- Use ASG-Zena Job Scheduler for automation of ETL processes and application scheduling.
- Ensure that all timelines of loading/validating data feeds are met and maintain and optimize SQL code and fix bugs whenever needed
- Ensure smooth functioning of our development, QA, production and staging environments.
£55-60K per annum
Wednesday, July 2, 2008
Profile: Senior Cognos (version 8) Consultant with experience of Powerplay, Impromptu and Reportnet for developing reports in English.
Knowledge and ExperienceEducation: College level/Higher Professional level experience/knowledge: Cognos version 8, Reportnet Preffered: Strong personality
Characteristics: Fluency in English verbal and written is MUST.
Optional to work in Amersfoort?
Duration: till end this year and possibility to Extent
Start date: asap
Angela Andkhoie Magenta Technology Consultants b.v.
tel +31 79 330 1111
Saturday, June 21, 2008
Under limited direction, provide Business Intelligence (BI) consultancy, training and support to project managers, business analysts, developers, business users and business report writers. Act as a subject matter expert for BI and related technologies and methodologies. Provide support for key IT and business initiatives throughout the whole BI project life cycle with a specific focus on BI Analysis and Design activities. Responsible for outlining and advocating best practices and frameworks in all aspects of BI development and report writing.
· Provide BI consultancy, primarily to project managers, business analysts, business users, integration developers and business report writers. Responsible for identifying opportunities to exploit relevant technologies, ensuring appropriate tool sets are utilized, sufficient capacity is available and detailing the BI components required, and working proactivley with relevant software vendors to ensure a thorough understanding of the product suite functionality and tools intergration.
· Ensure effective and standard presentation of meta data through the BI framework, in-line with standards agreed within the Master Data Management program.
· Develop, utilise and effectivley promote BI report writing and meta data methodologies, intergration best practices with business report writing and development groups.
· Work with the Enterprise Architecture group to ensure BI software is effectivley aligned and intergrated into existing and proposed technologies.
· Participate in, and provide technical leadership and direction for, company-wide projects that evaluate and select information management technologies including middleware, BI and data warehousing tools. This includes ensuring that tasks specific to BI and intergration are widely understood and incorporated within project planning. Primary focus on the analysis and design stages of BI projects with a requirement to prototype solutions and support report development.
· Participates in reporting model reviews for BI projects and audits as necessary to ensure compliance with company-wide plans and standards and alignment with enterprise data architecture and data model.
· Compliance to regulatory requirements, SOP’s and data standards.
· Perform other duties as needed.
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
· Prefer Bachelor’s degree
· Must have experience developing and maintaining Data Warehouse and BI solutions through entire project life cycle.
· Prefer 7 years of BI tool set experience, with at least 4 of those years spent heavily utilizing the Cognos tool set. Must also have 2 years experience Cognos 8 tool set and to include Report Studio, Query Studio, Analysis Studio and Powerplay Transformer.
· Experience of Cognos 8 Metrics Studio is desirable.
· 7 years of Data Mart and Data Warehouse experience.
· Good knowledge of Balanced Scorecard Methodologies.
· Able to demonstrate strong understanding of dimensional modeling theory and best practice.
· Pharmaceutical industry and computer validation experience preferred.
· Experience of integrating disparate data sources into BI solution, particularly Oracle and SQL Server database systems.
· Has performed the role of BI consultant for at least 2 years and is experienced in effectively capturing business reporting needs and turning into technical specification and requirements.
· Experience of coordinating project activities is desirable.
Saturday, May 10, 2008
Ability to convert Crystal Report Reports to Cognos ReportNet 8.x
Ability to integrate Cognos ReportNet reports with .net applications using Cognos SDK
COGNOS SERIES 7.x and higher
COGNOS 8.x including Report Studio, Query Studio, Metrics Studio, Event Studio, Access Manager, Portal Administration, Server Administration, Content Administration
COGNOS Version upgrade experience (Highly Desired)
COGNOS Script development for automation
COGNOS Installation and Configuration experience
Support of Development of a Report Template Library
Report Development experience
Ability to transform functional requirements into reports
Knowledge of data and data manipulation techniques
Ability to create reports which are reusable across multiple disciplines
Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Thursday, March 27, 2008
-Become an expert in the technology architecture and design of a number of client-server applications in the Financial business area
-Provide necessary Production Support oversight and effectively troubleshoot issues in Distributed Financial Systems.
-Assist in the development of relevant business requirements by providing input in determining technical solutions
-Must be technically capable of evaluating quality of coding changes and facilitate testing of the revised code used by our Distributed Systems. Ensure that documentation is in compliance with SDLC and CMMi requirements.
-Develop test plans, cases, and conditions. Support UAT test planning and execution.
- Perform periodic Sarbanes-Oxley testing of Distributed applications. Perform other periodic testing as needed.
- Recommend methods of optimizing procedures to decrease costs and improve performance.
- 3+ years experience developing programs and administering Distributed systems, with in-depth knowledge of Cognos, Business Objects, Informatica,Visual Basic, Essbase, Windows, UNIX, Shell Scripting, SQL, MS Access, and Oracle.
- 3+ years as a Systems Analyst, experienced in developing and documenting Systems Specifications and technical test plans, supervising developers in program coding, testing, and implementation of large scale financial systems projects.
Email resumes to email@example.com for immediate consideration.
**Please inquire about relocation assistance to the Syracuse, NY area**
Contemporary Personnel Staffing, Inc.
Phone: (315) 458-2100 ext 14
Fax: (315) 458-5899
Thursday, March 20, 2008
The Business Intelligence Specialist analyzes requirements and designs, develops, tests, installs and maintains application systems, programs, functions, services and other related software components in response to enterprise needs of high complexity. This individual has responsibilities for production support of and maintenance of existing Business Intelligence solutions. The incumbent will maintain expert knowledge of integration with related source systems. This individual will fully accommodate the customer’s business needs, resolve conflicting user demands and maintain positive customer relations with strong communication and coordination. This position provides leadership, technical guidance, and mentoring to others in areas of acquired expertise with limited guidance. Full technical management of large projects, including developing project plans, and tracking progress by multiple resources, to ensure completion of projects on time and on budget. The incumbent should have established areas of subject matter expertise and be able to communicate technical concepts into non-technical terms when working with non-technical constituents.
* Develop new and enhance existing Cognos Planning (Contributor and Analyst) applications
* Support existing production Cognos Planning (Contributor and Analyst) applications
* Develop procedures to administer Cognos Planning (Contributor and Analyst) applications
* Identify and validate software and infrastructure components required to implement technical solutions
* Prepare and review technical and logical design artifacts
* Submit solutions for review for compliance with best practices and standards
* Contribute to enhancing and/or optimizing department support processes and procedures
* Lead and guide internal quality assurance testing activities according to planned schedules
* Resolve development and support issues of moderate to high complexity or risk
* Provide systems administration support for Cognos Planning or BI applications
* Write reports using Cognos Planning-based data sources
* Learn and adhere to established change management processes
* Create and sustain open communication with business application users and stakeholders by learning the underlying business processes
* Must have experience developing Cognos Planning applications (Contributor and/or Analyst) from the ground up
* Must create and understand Cognos Planning technical requirements and design documents
* Must be able to work independently to develop Cognos Planning applications (Contributor and/or Analyst)
* Possesses analytical and critical thinking skills with technical problems of high complexity
* Knowledge of quality assurance and testing procedures, processes and techniques employed across various business and technical application platforms and environments
* Working knowledge with data access tools and SQL languages
* Effective oral and written communication skills
* Ability to collect information to ascertain the root cause of a complex issue and make timely decisions when recommending corrective action
* Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks and assignments of moderate and high complexity, working tenaciously to meet or beat deadlines
* A degree in Computer Information Systems, related field or equivalent work experience
This position will be located in Milwaukee, WI.
Please e-mail resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
Wednesday, March 19, 2008
- Should be an "EXPERT" in Cognos 8 Report Studio report authoring
- Should be able to provide thought leadership to create various report types such as Cross-tab and Drill-through
- Should be able to create calculations across different queries (in different blocks and across different measures)
- Should have extensive experience in building reports using Powerplay cubes as the data sources
- Should be able to write efficient MDX queries
- Should be able to use specific MDX functions such as Tuples
- Should be able to advise on cube structure based on reporting needs
- Should be able to tune the report to optimize run times
- Should be able to implement cube level and data level security in reports and maintain it without impacting ongoing development
- Should have experience in performing unit testing of reports to test dimensions such as completeness and correctness of data, usability, security, formatting/layout, etc.
Director, Business Development
Supremus Group LLC
Cognos resource skills include:
* General understanding of Business Intelligence and Data Warehousing principles.
* Experience in Business Intelligence reporting environment.
* Experience in OLAP server technology designing data models,metadata, cubes and drill-thru reports
* Cognos experience using Series 7 - Impromptu, PowerPlay, Access Manager
* Cognos experience using Series 8 - Report Studio, Analysis Studio, Query Studio, Event Studio, Cognos Connection, Framework Manager with data modeling
* Experience in migrating impromptu reports and powerplay models from series Series 7 to series Series 8
* Strong SQL skills
* Advanced Structured Query Language (SQL) programming experience
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills
* Excellent written and oral communication skills
Must be open to relocating to Corning, NY
If you would like to become part of this winning team and fit the requirements listed please forward your resume via a word document and 2 professional references (name, title, company, contact information and email address), your availability, your eligibility to work in the US for any employer and your salary requirements to email@example.com. If you are not interested, please feel free to pass my information out to anyone you feel might have the skill sets we are looking for.
No 3rd party vendors.
Sharon A. Chick
Sr. Technical Recruiter
700 Delaware Avenue
Buffalo, New York 14209
Tel: (716) 888-3440
Fax: (800) 413-1759
Toll Free: (800) 992-5350 option 2 ext 3440
Home Office (716) 639-7966 after 6:30 PM
CTG has been named one of the "Top 100 Fastest Growing Technology Companies in the U.S." by Business 2.0 magazine.
Wednesday, March 12, 2008
Managing and coordinating the definitions of systems scope and objectives based on both user needs and a good understanding of applicable business systems and industry requirements;
Collecting and reviewing data, reports and queries used by the research community including incorporating requirements into system designs and validating against source systems;
Working with team members and data stewards to identify data to be captured from enterprise systems;
Mapping data from existing enterprise systems to meet specifications and resolving any data conflicts and/or redundancies;
Working with select members of the research community to ensure that the correct information is being captured, and is displayed in an understandable and meaningful way;
Designing business processes and flow charts that can be used for training materials and procedures;
Executing system tests based on scripts, as well as unscripted ad-hoc testing; identifying system issues prior to roll-out and communicating these issues through designated project reporting channels;
Working with project team to provide input on implementation and roll-out plans including providing support during system roll-out; working with researchers and project team to resolve any issues identified during implementation and developing evaluation materials for use in obtaining feedback from research community;
Providing input for various communication media used to report project progress (listserv, focus groups, periodic updates, web pages, etc.);
Performing other related duties as required or assigned.
Seven to 10 years of experience in a professional information technology environment;
A bachelor's degree, or the equivalent combination of education, training, and experience from which comparable skills can be acquired;
Ability to work in a shared project team environment;
Excellent verbal, analytical and written communication skills;
Ability to prioritize and multitask under deadline conditions;
Ability to solve or suggest solutions for problems in a collaborative environment;
Knowledge and appreciation of the business concepts and requirements as applicable to a large, academic research university;
Experience with BI implementations and BI tools; project management skills;
Knowledge of SQL and databases.
Minimum 5 years of functional lead experience;
Experience with Cognos BI and reporting applications.
Northwestern University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer.
Date Posted: 11/15/2007
Apply online at http://www.northwestern.edu/employment/index.html
Sunday, February 17, 2008
Ultimate Software is seeking an energetic individual to join our Professional Services team. As a Cognos Consultant for Ultimate Software, you will be called on to perform various projects utilizing Cognos' suite of applications. Projects will require specific product knowledge, testing, analytical and design skills. The following is a list of responsibilities that you will have on your various assignments. Some or all may be needed on any project you will be assigned to. In order to fulfill the responsibilities of a Cognos Consultant, travel may be required.
Our Cognos 8 BI Consultant position can be located throughout the country but is preferably located in the Ft Lauderdale, FL area. Travel percentage is dependent upon employee location.
Ultimate Software offers industry-leading benefits and competitive salary/bonus plans!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: (other duties may be assigned)
# Design, test and deliver reports according to spec documents and secure proper client acceptance
# Provide product and subject matter expertise to client and other team members
# Write specifications for all custom reports required
# Estimate project hours
# Provide accurate and timely information regarding project status, T&E and project hours
# Provide input on methodology and process
# Collaborate with analysts and testers on deliverables and test plans
# Develop high level documentation and training materials
# Partner with support team to resolve issues experienced by our customers
# Assist in developing Cognos 8 best practices for our customers
Saturday, February 16, 2008
Location: Westwood, MA
Job Type: Contract
Compensation: per Hour
Reference Code: 824058-AQG
Description: Our client is looking for 2 Cognos consultants to work on a 6-12 month project. The consultants will be working on the integration of Cognos to the SDK. They will be working with the development team internally. The manager would like these candidates to start mid March.
Requirements: The consultants will need to have experience with the Software Development Kit from Cognos. This tool pulls data from the data warehouse for one of their main client interfacing sites. These candidates do not have to have a financial background, just need the technical experience. Please respond to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thursday, January 24, 2008
o Cognos Report development and troubleshooting
o Provide technical design support
o Framework Manager
o Assist in gathering new reporting requirements and understanding the business processes
o Implement new reporting functionality in the Cognos report development environment
o Manage requests and provide support for new reports and ad-hoc analysis
o Provide report documentation
o Maintain and enhance existing MS Excel based reports
o Ensure that reports are sent to the appropriate audience in a timely and consistent manner
2+ years Cognos report development experience
2+ years SQL experience
2+ years relational database experience
2+ years MS Excel experience (data manipulation and/or report development experience)
2+ years QA/Testing experience
oFamiliarity with Data Warehousing
oCognos 8 and Report Studio familiarity strongly preferred
oFamiliarity with 1 or more programming languages preferred
oFamiliarity with standard development lifecycle
oExperience writing documentation
oExperience writing test scripts
oStrong written and oral communication skills
Position is located in Cambridge, MASS, USA
Please apply online at: www.Genzyme.com/careers job number 9195
Wednesday, January 16, 2008
Monday, January 14, 2008
Free Cognos Resume Submission
They will be randomly profiling Cognos CVs to help solid Cognos resources land that next contract or permanent position. Good luck!