You are a passionate Sr. Cognos Planner - You understand that effective solution development requires going above and beyond. You take pride in making a lasting impression. Your current position has limitations and you seek a bigger job with a bigger impact. Your job search has many options but you want to distinguish the jobs from the true career opportunities…which one is truly going to allow you to shine?
Join a Fortune 500 company to build and support Cognos Planning and BI applications working closely with Cognos Planning Contributor/Analyst and Cognos BI tools.
With limited guidance, you will be taking full technical management of large projects including developing project plans and tracking progress of multiple resources. Other members of our staff will be looking to you for leadership, technical guidance, and mentoring. You will also be working to accommodate the customer's business needs, resolve conflicting user demands and maintain positive customer relations with strong communication and coordination. This position is especially designed for those who desire to maintain expert technical knowledge of Cognos Planning and BI capabilities, understanding how these tools can be used to deliver unparalleled business value.
- Develop new and enhance existing Cognos Planning (Contributor and Analyst) applications,
- PowerPlay cubes, and Cognos 8 reports
- Support existing production Cognos Planning (Contributor and Analyst) applications, PowerPlay cubes, and Cognos 8 reports
- Develop procedures to administer Cognos Planning (Contributor and Analyst) applications
- Identify and validate software and infrastructure components required to implement technical solutions
- Prepare and review technical and logical design artifacts
- Submit solutions for compliance review for best practices and standards
- Contribute to enhancing and/or optimizing department support processes and procedures
- Lead and guide internal quality assurance testing activities according to planned schedules
- Resolve development and support issues of moderate to high complexity or risk
- Provide systems administration support for Cognos Planning and Cognos BI applications
- Write reports using Cognos Planning and data warehouse-based sources
- Learn and adhere to established Assurant change management processes
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
In order to make a significant contribution to our team, we will focus the search on experienced Cognos Planners with a proven track record of building models from scratch and demonstrated experience with the tools Contributor and Analyst.
- Must have 3+ years experience independently developing Cognos Planning applications (Contributor and/or Analyst), PowerPlay cubes, and Cognos 8 reports from the ground up Experience authoring Cognos Planning technical requirements and design documents for business applications
- Must be able to work independently to develop Cognos Planning applications (Contributor and/or Analyst), PowerPlay cubes, and Cognos 8 reports
- 3-5 years of responsibility supporting business applications with direct customer contact
- Possesses analytical and critical thinking skills with technical problems of high complexity
- Knowledge of quality assurance and testing procedures, processes and techniques employed across various business and technical application platforms and environments
- Working knowledge with data access tools and SQL languages
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Ability to collect information to ascertain the root cause of a complex issue and make timely decisions when recommending corrective action
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks and assignments of moderate and high complexity, working tenaciously to meet or beat deadlines
- A degree in Computer Information Systems, related field or equivalent work experience
If this sounds like the opportunity for you then please apply today! Click on our corporate website www.assurant.jobs and we would appreciate you taking 5 minutes to tell us more about yourself. For a faster response, convince us and include a paragraph describing your most complex projects, its objectives and results.
Assurant, a Fortune 500 company and a member of the S&P500, is a premierprovider of specialized insurance products and related services in North America and selected international markets. Its four key businesses -- Assurant Solutions; Assurant Specialty Property; Assurant Health; andAssurant Employee Benefits -- have partnered with clients who are leadersin their industries and have built leadership positions in a number of specialty insurance market segments worldwide.
260 Interstate North Pkwy
Atlanta, GA 30339
T 770-763-2446 or ext. 12446
Assurant is a premier provider of specialized insurance products and related services in North America and selected international markets. Its four key businesses--Assurant Solutions; Assurant Specialty property; Assurant Health; and Assurant Employee Benefits -- have partnered with clients who are leaders in their industries and have built leadership positions in a number of specialty insurance market segments worldwide.
For the third year in a row, Information Week 500 has recognized Assurant Health's efforts in IT innovation. Assurant Health is pleased to announce that it was selected for the 2008 Information Week 500 List, ranking 35th out of 500 companies.
Assurant, a fortune 500 company and a member of the S&P 500, is traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol AIZ. Assurant has over $25 billion in assets and $7 billion in revenue. For more information, visit www.assurant.com.