Under limited direction, provide Business Intelligence (BI) consultancy, training and support to project managers, business analysts, developers, business users and business report writers. Act as a subject matter expert for BI and related technologies and methodologies. Provide support for key IT and business initiatives throughout the whole BI project life cycle with a specific focus on BI Analysis and Design activities. Responsible for outlining and advocating best practices and frameworks in all aspects of BI development and report writing.
· Provide BI consultancy, primarily to project managers, business analysts, business users, integration developers and business report writers. Responsible for identifying opportunities to exploit relevant technologies, ensuring appropriate tool sets are utilized, sufficient capacity is available and detailing the BI components required, and working proactivley with relevant software vendors to ensure a thorough understanding of the product suite functionality and tools intergration.
· Ensure effective and standard presentation of meta data through the BI framework, in-line with standards agreed within the Master Data Management program.
· Develop, utilise and effectivley promote BI report writing and meta data methodologies, intergration best practices with business report writing and development groups.
· Work with the Enterprise Architecture group to ensure BI software is effectivley aligned and intergrated into existing and proposed technologies.
· Participate in, and provide technical leadership and direction for, company-wide projects that evaluate and select information management technologies including middleware, BI and data warehousing tools. This includes ensuring that tasks specific to BI and intergration are widely understood and incorporated within project planning. Primary focus on the analysis and design stages of BI projects with a requirement to prototype solutions and support report development.
· Participates in reporting model reviews for BI projects and audits as necessary to ensure compliance with company-wide plans and standards and alignment with enterprise data architecture and data model.
· Compliance to regulatory requirements, SOP’s and data standards.
· Perform other duties as needed.
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
· Prefer Bachelor’s degree
· Must have experience developing and maintaining Data Warehouse and BI solutions through entire project life cycle.
· Prefer 7 years of BI tool set experience, with at least 4 of those years spent heavily utilizing the Cognos tool set. Must also have 2 years experience Cognos 8 tool set and to include Report Studio, Query Studio, Analysis Studio and Powerplay Transformer.
· Experience of Cognos 8 Metrics Studio is desirable.
· 7 years of Data Mart and Data Warehouse experience.
· Good knowledge of Balanced Scorecard Methodologies.
· Able to demonstrate strong understanding of dimensional modeling theory and best practice.
· Pharmaceutical industry and computer validation experience preferred.
· Experience of integrating disparate data sources into BI solution, particularly Oracle and SQL Server database systems.
· Has performed the role of BI consultant for at least 2 years and is experienced in effectively capturing business reporting needs and turning into technical specification and requirements.
· Experience of coordinating project activities is desirable.
Saturday, June 21, 2008
Associate Director, IT Business Solutions- Salary up to 120k, location Durham NC
Kristy Bellingham Jones, MSEd, CIR, ACIR
Jones-Ingham Executive and Sales Recruiting, Inc located in Raleigh NC